About this publication
In: ICCROM.1986. Preventive measures during excavation and site protection Ghent 6-8 November 1985. Rome: ICCROM, 91-102.
The paper reports a series of in situ conservation interventions carried out during the excavation campaigns in the Crypta Balbi in Rome. The area, situated in the centre of the city, is more than 2500 sq.m. in area and is particularly interesting for its historical stratification of more than two millennia duration.
The interventions described are:
– consolidation of a wall of mud brick laid in clay;
– consolidation of a wall of fired bricks in clay;
– consolidation of a floor mosaic;
– recovery of ceramic material and a “Capuchin” tomb;
– conservation/restoration of coins.
Author(s): Nardi R.
Year Published: 1986
Language / Translations: English